Summer School Registration for 2024 will be announced in spring.
General Information and Student Expectations:
- Students may only take ONE Summer School Credit Course. This can be one full credit course, or two half credit courses (e.g. Civics, Careers).
- Students who have a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently are best suited for online/virtual courses.
- There are both In Person and Elearn options in summer school.
- Students are required to engage daily. Students may not be out of Province or Country to engage in Summer School virtually.
- As in traditional classes, regular attendance is critical for success at summer school. All full credit summer school courses involve a minimum of 110 hours of content and instruction. Students must be present daily (Monday to Friday) and are expected to spend 6 hours per day on their course, plus additional time for assignments and studying for assessments. All work must be completed and submitted as instructed by the teacher. Students are expected to keep up with the course material, due dates and time commitments each week. Students who do not attend their course regularly risk being removed from the course for failing to meet the requirements.
- Vacation or work should be scheduled outside of summer school hours [Summer School hours are 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM]
- WRDSB reserves the right to cancel courses if there is insufficient enrolment. Students/parents/legal guardians will be notified by email if the course they registered for is cancelled.
- Registration is only available to WRDSB students that attended a WRDSB in the 2023-2024 school year.
Please contact your Guidance Counselor for a course list and to register for summer school.