April 28th, 2023
Blended learning days allow students to engage in synchronous and asynchronous work from home while staff engage in professional learning during the asynchronous portion of the day. School administration will engage staff in professional learning opportunities around instructional and assessment strategies that support destreaming and single streaming in secondary schools.
- Blended Learning Days are instructional days.
- In the morning, students will participate in asynchronous learning by logging into their class VLE (Virtual Learning Environment = Brightspace or Google Classroom) and complete the work provided by their teachers for all their courses and in the afternoon they will be provided a synchronous session for each course to support the work that was assigned in the morning.
- Attendance will be taken in both the asynchronous and synchronous portions of the day. Students need to engage during these times.
- A supervised study space will be available in the morning for students who choose an in-person environment at school. In the afternoon these students would then move through their afternoon schedule of 35 minute classes.
- ACE students will attend school with regular programming and following regular attendance procedures.
- Transportation will run at regular times.
HERE you will find the Bluevale Blended Learning Schedule.